Every year there has been an increase in the number of recorded accidents due to people playing baseball. And most of the accidents happen while the game is still on. The security of the baseball field is not really about the field itself but the people that are using it.
Therefore, in order to secure baseball fields correctly to avoid any untoward and unwanted accidents from happening, parents, coaches, as well as the kids, must learn about some basic baseball safety tips. Surely, there is no way injuries can be prevented as no one can predict what will happen during the game, however, knowing these tips will surely be beneficial for everyone as it will give them the opportunity of being provided an injury free involvement with the sport.
Listed below are several basic safety facts as well as common sense safety tips that every player, parents as well as the coaches that they must be aware of :
- A preseason physical examination has been the practice of most players and their teams to monitor their physical health. And also, another reason why this must be done to all players is for any medical related concerns to be detected at an earlier time so that it can be prevented or cured. This is also a way of securing the safety of every player. One the physical examination is done and the results are available, in order for each player to be allowed to play in a game, the coach must secure a written approval allowing them to take part on the game. The requests forms provided must contain information with regards to a particular type of medication or any special medical needs that a player might need. And also, it should grant permission to coaches to seek for emergency care if there is a need for such.
- One of the most important gears that baseball player must have is the batting helmet which serves to protect their heads. It is being mandated that all players who are at bat must use a batting helmet as well as when they are running from base to base. People who are on the field while the game is going on is required to wear headgear for safety purposes. This pertains to any base coaches, those players who are taking part in hitting exercises, as well as those who are practicing their own swing while they are within for their turn in the on-deck circle. It is important for everyone, regardless of whether you are a player, coach or just an audience, to be very attentive and vigilant all the time.
- One of the most efficient ways of keeping oneself secure on the baseball field is to have an open communication with their team. Having proper communication will prevent any player to made contact with immovable objects such as walls, fences, to name a few. By using simple verbal communication such as saying “This is mine” or “You take it” will certainly keep ay accidents from happening while playing the sport. This will also prevent anyone from having to suffer any serious injury caused by a collision.
- Throwing the ball properly will keep danger at bay. This is one of the most important skills that coaches must impart to their players. They should teach them how to correctly and safely set up the ball and execute the throw notwithstanding the actual throwing exercise.
- It is important for players to be cautious about his surroundings. Never walk behind a player who is practicing his batting or to a player preparing to bat. Same goes for those who are swinging their bats. They are responsible for the people around so they must also pay attention to their surroundings. There is also that possibility that a bat might slip from the players hand therefore extra caution is crucial.
Though we might have been discussing precaution inside the field but the most important of all is to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the baseball field to secure it properly. It is significantly essential to clean the field be throwing away the garbage and debris that may cause harm to the players, and also, make sure that that the field is clear of any stumps and holes is of utmost importance.
Playing baseball may not be life threatening, however, it is still important to make sure that any and all care is taken into consideration to prevent injuries from happening.
Whilst this article talks about keeping the players safe and healthy, obviously you need to keep the field secure, with appropriate locks on the field gates when the field is not in use. Lock away your equipment and any other valuables. For more information on securing your property, contact the 24 Hour Locksmith Pros. They recently wrote a great article on how to hire the best locksmith – check it out here.